[governance] Simple and basic questions

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Mon May 26 23:48:25 EDT 2008

Let me be clearer.

Stakeholders in the same room works to enhance cooperation for much more
attainable and real world goals that get discussed in the IGF. Access,
Freedom of Expression, etc. I personally found several very useful contacts
in my little corner of the world (multistakeholder cooperation to mitigate
spam, bots and other online threats), who I wouldn't have found in the same
room at several other events.

What won't work is trying to run a coup on ICANN from outside, say.

As for your calling me spiteful, that's entirely a case of the pot calling
the kettle black.  You are at impunity to say Lee McKnight (say) shouldn't
be running anything in the Carribbean that doesn't involve you, and to
insinuate various other things (such as that Veni is an IGP).  Merely paying
you back in the very same coin you spend so freely on this list and in real
life.

Call it a disrespectful interface to an uncivil society (with due apologies
to Ms.Misek Falkoff for abusing that term)

I'll look forward to pointing out in great detail the flaws of whatever
"panel" you put together at the IGF. Hyderabad is only an hour away by air
from where I live, so that should be easier for me than traveling to Rio.

	srs

     governance at lists.cpsr.org