[governance] Simple and basic questions

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Mon May 26 16:09:53 EDT 2008

Suresh:

You have been very active lately on the IGC list.
If I am not mistaken, however, you have, prior to this, repeatedly
asserted that you think the IGF is a useless institution, even though
this caucus is organized primarily around it, and that this caucus has
no impact on real Internet goverance.

I find this confusing. Can you answer a few simple questions, please?

Are you a member of IGC? I.e., have you signed the charter?
Do you think the UN IG Forum has an important and legitimate role in
internet governance, and if so, what is it?
Is your participation in caucus discussion intended to strengthen our
ability to build a forum for discussion, advocacy, action, and for
representation of civil society contributions in Internet governance
processes?
If you think we are all wasting our time here, why are _you_ here?

Milton Mueller
Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
XS4All Professor, Delft University of Technology
Internet Governance Project:
http://internetgovernance.org <http://internetgovernance.org/>