[governance] Fall ICANN meeting in Cairo - Rights discussion

Jacqueline A. Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Mon May 26 12:18:34 EDT 2008

Depends on what you take  "ICANN's activities" to mean.
My personal opinion is mine, and not the issue here.

Rather, I wanted to clear up any misconception that the discussion
referred to  indicated a lack of CONCERN about freedom of expression and
access to the Internet, because no-one indicated that, but rather the
disagreement with your position reflected a concern that the issue was
outside ICANN's focus.
Whether it is outside the remit or not is up for discussion, and we may
agree or disagree on it, but it is unfair to the people who were not in
agreement with your position to misrepressent their views and say they
were not concerned about censorship and repression in Egypt.

Jacqueline

     governance at lists.cpsr.org