[governance] Mercenaries on the list

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Mon May 26 03:13:52 EDT 2008

As I said, if they have CS cred, and CS backgrounds, they are CS, period -
whoever their employer may be.

Deliberately exclusionary language and positions like this are completely
against the letter and the spirit of the charter. Besides, such language
serves to  deprive you of a major asset - a large majority of CS just don't
have the necessary technical awareness to meaningfully participate in these
discussions.

By alienating these people (and quite a few of them, such as Kieren, have
solid CS cred behind them), you are robbing yourself of some of your best
and most potent advocates.

Which is why I have, so frequently, called for DIPLO and other organizations
to empower and  facilitate bridge courses for CS to meaningfully participate
in these discussions.

                suresh