[governance] Mercenaries on the list

George Sadowsky george.sadowsky at attglobal.net
Sat May 24 13:35:56 EDT 2008

It's true; on the Internet no know that you're a mercenary.  Or a dog.

I second Suresh's request.  Define civil society, and further, define
its interests, in general, and especially with respect to Internet
Governance.  Once that's done, then it will be very interesting to
discuss the issue of who, if anyone, represents civil society, and to
what ends.

I speak as someone who has been in the not-for profit sector for most
of my life, and who has worked for the transfer of IT and networking
technology in 50+ countries.  So you may be correct; I'm a mercenary,
working for the use of technology to improve education and for
economic and social progress.  Check my web page.  I am who I say I
am.

George

George Sadowsky                              george.sadowsky at gmail.com
2182 Birch Way                           george.sadowsky at attglobal.net
Woodstock, VT  05091-8155               http://www.georgesadowsky.org/
tel: +1.802.457.3370                       GSM mobile: +1.202.415.1933
Voice mail & fax: +1.203.547.6020       Grand Central:
+1.202.370.7734
SKYPE: sadowsky
     governance at lists.cpsr.org