[governance] Re: Nomcom and conflict of interest

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri May 23 12:00:25 EDT 2008

Jeremy,

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 6:10 PM, Jeremy Malcolm

> Also, if you don't agree with the approach taken by this year's NomCom, you
> may take comfort in the knowledge that they will most likely be gone when
> the next panel is randomly selected.

Do you agree with the approach taken by this year' NomCom?

  The more vociferous the objectors are,
> presumably the more likely they are to put their hands up for the next
> NomCom, and therefore the more likely to find places on it.

So in order to ensure that no underhanded political machinations take
place, we have to volunteer AND be lucky enough to be chosen?

Surely I must be misunderstanding your position!

 (And in the
> meantime, this is a timely debate for us to have for future NomComs'
> guidance.)

So what is your position? Would you agree to the amendment I have suggested?

--
Cheers,

McTim
$ whois -h whois.afrinic.net mctim