[governance] The New Class: Civil Society Professionals?

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Thu May 22 12:06:17 EDT 2008

Its not a gravy train for anybody from Oz, or from the USA. For someone from
Africa, or Asia .. well, the exchange rate means you are onto quite a good
thing, especially if you find a grant or fellowship.

Having run fellowships for conferences myself (APRICOT, say) - I know just
how much pent up demand is there and how many people get facilitated to come
to these conferences. And I know just how many people try to abuse this
system to get themselves an expenses paid vacation.

	srs

     governance at lists.cpsr.org