[governance] MAG mandate extended, call for new members:

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Mon May 5 07:59:48 EDT 2008

hi adam

>Markus Kummer just sent a note to the MAG list about the group's
>mandate: the mandate's been extended, and the secretariat is now
>able to issue a formal call for new members.  The deadline will be
>May 21. More about this on the IGF website soon.
>
>Nitin Desai has been asked to continue as chair.
>
>Press release below. The secretary general accepted the MAG's advice
>from the February meeting about rotating up to one third.
>
>(as this list has a delay I expect I won't be the only one sending
>this info...)

thanks for this.. can you get more info on the 'special
advisors',  and whether these positions are also open to rotation and
whether we can improve diversity here.. if so, in what ways -
particularly those who advise nitin desai

and what of the indian co-chair? will they also have sepcial advisors
as the brazilian cho-chair had last year?

whatever info you can get would be appreciated

karen