[governance] Re: Nomcom and conflict of interest

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat May 31 18:16:58 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 11:32 PM, Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

<snip>
>combined with the precedent

a completely invented precedent BTW.

>already established within CS Caucus to not accept >nominations from full time employees of existing Internet >governance organizations in arriving at our decision."
>
> suggests that the nomcom satisfied itself

Exactly, they satisfied THEMSELVES, and didn't bring this contentious
issue to the caucus as suggested by rule #5.

, and decided, that certain
> structural situation, as described, involved a conflict of interest.

potential conflict of interest, which as has been noted, is the same
potential conflict of interest that all full time employees of CS orgs
carry.

The part that really fires me up is the "if a person is a fulltime
employee of IG organization then though they may have progressive
views, they can not be said to be having CS credentials."

This is NOT the caucus position, (nor will it ever be if I have
anything to say about it).  This is your position, (and Guru's).

And you wonder why these IG orgs identified with PS in WSIS? Maybe
it's because they'd rather have a nice hug rather than a kick in the
ass.  I know which I prefer!

--
Cheers,

McTim