[governance] NOMCOM - MAG nominations

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Mon Mar 24 05:51:01 EDT 2008

Hi

On 3/24/08 5:56 AM, "Milton L Mueller" <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

> [...]

FWIW I went back and looked and what I said was not that any dummy fool off
the street can do the job well, but rather

> So re: Vittorio's question earlier today about whether the 1/3 shouldn't
> be annual retroactively, meaning 2/3 this time, the expectation is that
> no, it'll only be 1/3 going forward, presumably because of the
> specialized skill sets needed to select main session speakers, ascertain
> that workshop proposals are multistakeholder, etc, which require years
> of experience to develop?

In other words, if there's a rationale for the continuity said to be
essential and require limited turn over, specialized skill sets is not it,
as the tasks involved are hardly arcane.  Full stop.

Cheers,

Bill

     governance at lists.cpsr.org