[governance] IGC nominees for MAG

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sat Mar 15 01:19:43 EDT 2008

Avri

> > Anyways you as a MAG member are supposed to tell us such things, and
> > also hold a conversation on the issue without getting irritated.
>

> actually, i wonder, was he irritated, or did you just judge him to be
> irritated.
> and are you irritated due to yur your perception of him being irritated?

I think I had good reasons to take objection to the manner Adam wrote that
email...

>>> Would be a good habit to get into rather
>>> than continuing loops on this list.

There were no continuing loops. That was my first posting on a subject
raised by someone else. I take this as an avoidable impatient statement.

Secondly, a phrase like 'it is a good habit to get into' shouldn't get said
easily about someone's role... Don't you think?

What if I wrote an email to you or Adam, that 'it is a good habit to get
into reporting immediately to the IGC whenever you come to know anything of
any significance in MAG'. Would you accept such language from me?

Now, you may try to say that what Adam said was something very factual and I
am imputing unnecessary interpersonal meaning to it....

Ok, let me respond to this by an example. I can give many, but since it is
you who have taken up the case, I will use one involving you.

In the discussion over 'Chris Disspain email leak' at one point you said
that the offending email was only a personal opinion of one person. I
responded to this by stating the 'factual point' that Chris starts the email
by saying that a group had met and he is writing to express their concern,
and therefore to quote my email ' I am not sure if you read the offending
email'. A very factual thing, right! To which you replied ' Please do not be
so condescending'. (mail exchange of 10th june, 2007).

That was an interpersonal ascription to what was a statement of fact by me.
I also just told Adam not to be so irritated. Can you tell me what's the
difference between two responses. If anything, Adam's email is more clearly
condescending. On the other hand, I can also claim that I was not
condescending to you, and you over-reacted.

Avri, this is an insider-outsider communication pattern. Apparently, some
things are allowed to some and not to others... and I consciously, and
dutifully, react when I observe such a pattern. Otherwise, in normal
circumstances, I would have ignored Adam's email, as well as your present
one.

Having said the above, and placing my response in a political context of
group-dynamics, I apologize for any offended sensibilities. It is likely
that Adam was not irritated, and it is possible that if I write something
about your and his role in the manner of 'it is a good habit to get into
doing this or that....' you would simple not mind it.

Parminder

     governance at lists.cpsr.org