[governance] IGC nominees for MAG

Carlos Afonso ca at rits.org.br
Thu Mar 13 16:19:49 EDT 2008

Precisely because of Vittorio's questions I think the SG would be much
more comfortable with dismissing everyone and then picking 2/3 to stay,
if this is really going to be the rotation rule.

Unless more than 1/3 do inform him that they are willing to be replaced,
and hopefully in a balanced manner regarding the stakeholder groups.
Hardly.

Frankly, it would be awful for the SG to receive a bunch of pleas in the
style "I am the greatest, please keep me in", or " it would be so sad to
leave such a nice group of folks" and so on, and, since most would not
send a "yes, my place is at your disposal, sir", then have to sit and
decide "no cookies for you anymore, Geraldo", and "yes, Virginia, I will
let you continue" etc.

It is far more reasonable (and ethically coherent, less troublesome) for
the SG to dismiss everyone and reorganize following the 1/3 + 2/3 rule.
For several reasons, I hope he does so.

Let us therefore concentrate on how to arrive at a list of CS names for
that 1/3.

In this aspect, please note that the Latin American and Caribbean WSIS
caucus is trying to prepare a list of names to recommend on behalf of
the region. Any news regarding the other regions?

[]s fraternos

--c.a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org