[governance] IGC nominees for MAG

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Mar 12 06:23:14 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I understand that soon there will be a call for forwarding nominations to
fill in MAG vacancies. I invite comments on how should we choose our
nominations. Should we use a randomly formed noncom? The process is to get
some volunteers - ideally at least 4 times the needed number of members for
the noncom - and then do a lottery to select the noncom.

Or should it be a direct voting by members, something like giving points to
each person who offers herself as a possible nominee.

Thanks

Parminder

PS: I am sorting out some procedural issues, and we should be able to hold
the elections for co-coordinator by the next week.