"bridge", was Re: VS: [governance] Summary Report of IGF MAG

Alejandro Pisanty apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Wed Mar 5 01:01:45 EST 2008

Parminder,

this may be the last email I send in response to your sequence of ever
more explicit explanations of your positions. The latest element you
provide is - if I recall well - the last one that had been nagging us for
long but hadn't been put so clearly in the after-MAG-meeting period.

Despite your recurrently admitted lack of knowledge and understanding of
the organizations you propose to oppose (sometimes ICANN alone, sometimes
a larger collection, though admirably never those who deny civil society
access and participation), what you intend to do is tantamount to
establishing a tribunal to judge them, on a very precarious base, in an
assumption of culpability (of crimes yet to be determined but, as you
emphasize, "suspicious" already) instead of an assumption of innocence as
fair-trial rules demand the world over, and, as much as possible, in
absentia.

This unfortunately also resonates with a view that you embrace in the
construction of your views the functional equivalent of a sectarian
attitude, despite Milton's long - and ineffectual - tirade on the
application of the adjective.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

      Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
UNAM, Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

*Mi blog/My blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
*LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/pisanty
*Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614

---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isoc.org