[governance] User input to Internet architecture work

Carlos Afonso ca at rits.org.br
Mon Mar 3 08:08:29 EST 2008

Dear Phil, I understand all this, I know the transition will take a long
time (but one day we will all be IPv6ers, right? transitions can be
long, but they are still transitions), I know the tech community is keen
to pay rigorous attention to all aspects of this and it should, I know
there are very complex issues in all layers etc etc etc. This is not the
point.

The point is there are several real processes going on and there seems
to be few spaces dedicated to follow this up in a consolidated fashion
from the point of view of the end user, the decision-maker or the
journalist. This is not for me necessarily (as I follow the issues as
much as I can), but for the public and particularly those
constituencies. The European initiative I mention seems to promise this
and seems a good start (clearly the people who created it understand
what I am trying to say), but are there others, would this be the
reference on this need etc?

There is obviously an effort which ought to be carried out outside of
the laboratories to convince decision-makers of the importance of this
process. For this, good, updated and reliable, well organized info which
the "mortals" can understand (and grasp its relevance) is crucial.

[]s fraternos

--c.a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org