[governance] Help create the .nyc Internet space for New York and New Yorkers

Sylvia Caras sylvia.caras at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 17:37:18 EST 2008

For me, a central part of the top level domain conversation is how
many might there be.  If there is to be a limit, .org, .com, .<CC>,
... then there's a discussion to have about where cities and which
cities fit.  If the number is to be very large, it's a different
discussion, and I guess up to the lobbyist and purchaser.

I find the current small number of top domains useful when I access a
web site so that I have a bit of sense of where I am, who is the
sponsor, ...  Is that useful to others?

How do many or few top level domains serve the individual user?

Sylvia
     governance at lists.cpsr.org