[governance] Summary Report of IGF MAG available

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Sat Mar 1 06:34:46 EST 2008

On 1 Mar 2008, at 12:04, Parminder wrote:

> BTW, did you notice that in the present 'summary of MAG
> deliberations'  while a useful topic of “Low cost sustainable
> access” is listed, the only possible specific topic under this which
> is listed is "the role of
> entrepreneurship in providing low cost sustainable access with a
> special focus on entrepreneurship and India's success."

that is _not_ the only possible topic, that is the only topic that
happens to be on the list at this point in time.  I think there is
lots of opportunity for other possible topics to be added to this list.

> I will request CS MAG members to be as vigilant in pushing this kind
> of progressive agenda

i believe they will be helped by lots of strong, focused proposals.
and as Adam says, the sooner the better.

but please, everyone pay special attention to the opportunity to still
get in reports on the workshops that show the importance of these
topics and how/why they were interesting and vital to those who
participated.

> in as the business sector and ISOC are in marketising development
> and Internet and everything that they can lay their hands on.

and personally i don't think putting down ISOC, who can be a strong
and worthy ally in certain battles, is  the best policy.

a.

(still employed by the IGF secretariat for another few days, but
speaking for myself as usual.  oh yeah, i am also a supporting member
of ISOC - not that i ever speak for them.)

     governance at lists.cpsr.org