[governance] Fwd: IGC Membership list

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jun 27 20:16:02 EDT 2008

Avri and all,

  What your and a few other are seeming to desire to do is that
if one wants to vote in the IGC one has to swear fieldty to a
document that they may or may not have had anything to do with
or participated in it's creation and the principals in which is espouses.
I suggest that seem allot like a Byzantine notion.  Haven't "We",
where "We" is all peoples where ever then my be advanced our
society far past such notions?

  Once upon a time I was a member of the Democratic party in
my country, than I became disillusioned circa 1970, and switched
parties to Republican, in a few short years a la Watergate, I became
just as disillusioned again, and became an Independent.  I have been
an Independent ever sense and hope to remain so.

Avri Doria wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think it is al well and good that you are trying to make your point
> by arguing the illegitimacy of the election which elected you.  I do
> think it would have been helpful for you to have done so earlier.
> Though I guess there is no statute of limitation of appeals.  I will,
> of course recuse myself if you and a sufficient number of others do
> bring the previous election up as a matter of appeal.
>
> But to be clear.  At the time, I posted the ballot with the statement
> of support for the charter several weeks to a month before the ballot
> and asked for comments.  There were none, or at least none in the vein
> you now suggest.  Had you commented then in the way you are directing
> now, we would have had this conversation a long time ago.  As I
> remember it also did not come up during the charter discussion.
>
> Another point, contrary to your statement, I did _not_ write most of
> the charter.  While i did produce a starter draft, many other people,
> you as well I believe contributed much to its final form and I do not
> believe it much resembles my first draft.
>
> a.
>
> On 28 Jun 2008, at 09:29, Parminder wrote:
>

> >> I think you should have attempted to revise the charter, if only to
> >> clarify the ambiguities you have discovered, a while ago since you
> >> believed as you do - though I guess we would have run into the same
> >> issues over that vote.
> >

> > You held an election as per you interpretation of the charter and also
> > perhaps practical considerations where list participants cast votes
> > without
> > affirming membership as per charter's membership criteria, which is
> > clearly
> > stated as a condition of casting vote in the charter.... Why didn't
> > you
> > rather first initiate a process of amending the charter to say what
> > you went
> > ahead and did...
> >
> > I am highlighting this only to reassert that processes have their
> > practical
> > aspects and that some variances from written text which may
> > subsequently be
> > found perhaps a bit ambiguous can and should be resolved mutually in a
> > constructive spirit.

> >> And that seems to be a matter of opinion.
> >

> > As is of course your opinion that charter needed to amended before...
> >
> > Parminder

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com