[governance] Fwd: IGC Membership list

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Sat Jun 28 16:38:49 EDT 2008

Hi,

I think it is al well and good that you are trying to make your point
by arguing the illegitimacy of the election which elected you.  I do
think it would have been helpful for you to have done so earlier.
Though I guess there is no statute of limitation of appeals.  I will,
of course recuse myself if you and a sufficient number of others do
bring the previous election up as a matter of appeal.

But to be clear.  At the time, I posted the ballot with the statement
of support for the charter several weeks to a month before the ballot
and asked for comments.  There were none, or at least none in the vein
you now suggest.  Had you commented then in the way you are directing
now, we would have had this conversation a long time ago.  As I
remember it also did not come up during the charter discussion.

Another point, contrary to your statement, I did _not_ write most of
the charter.  While i did produce a starter draft, many other people,
you as well I believe contributed much to its final form and I do not
believe it much resembles my first draft.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org