[governance] Fwd: IGC Membership list

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 26 08:12:30 EDT 2008

Parminder and all,

  Ok, thank you for clarifying your interpretation of the Charter.
If it is indeed correct, which I don't believe it is, I will comply
and recognize that as I have only been subscribed for 2-3 weeks,
I an not eligible to vote.

  As such to the above, I wish to make known my protest and
objection to the supposed "60 day waiting period" before a
member/subscriber is eligible to vote.  I do so in the grounds
that when I turned 18 years of age, many years ago, I was eligible
to vote in that very day and did vote in a special election 5 days
after my 18th birthday.  Additionally on that same day I turned
18 years of age, I was required to register for the military draft,
which I did, and was than eligible to go to war and potentially
die or be injured seriously in the service of my country in time
of war or other military combat conflict.  I did go to war that
same year and my life was at serious risk immediately.  Ergo,
I personally and logically find it indelibly unreasonable that
if any IGC subscriber/member cannot vote on the same day
they subscribe accordingly.

Parminder wrote:

>  Sivasubramanian,
>
> Yes, you can become a member of the IGC even on the first day of your
> subscription to the list by subscribing to the IGC charter (pl read the
> charter at http://www.igcaucus.org/IGC-charter_final-061014.html ), and
> accepting membership.
>
> However, you do not have voting rights for the first 60 days of your
> subscription to the list. After that, if you have already accepted
> membership, you will AUTOMATICALLY be considered to have full voting rights.
>
> I am happy to clarify further if needed to the new participants on this
> list.
>
> Parminder

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com