[governance] Fwd: IGC Membership list

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 26 07:54:10 EDT 2008

Parminder and all,

  I had thought that in subscribing to this forum one was
also applying to the charter.  Is this not so?  Are these
two different functions?  If so, where may one than subscribe
to the Charter?

Parminder wrote:

> McTim
>
> >She is simply explaining that we affirm membership during the voting act as
> >per the charter.
>
> You do not mention the issue of 'subscribing to the charter', which is the
> criterion of membership as per the charter, at all here. Interestingly, this
> was a strong refrain throughout your discussions on the IGIs and nomcom
> issue... you kept pledging by 'all those who subscribe to the charter'.....
>
> >Forcing us to
> > "register" to vote beforehand is not what I agreed to when I signed
> > the charter.
>
> When did you sign the charter - by voting for it? Well, unfortunately while
> we have the list of all those who voted during the charter vote, there is no
> break up of who voted for and who against. Should I take all those who
> voting during this vote (even those who opposed it) as having signed the
> charter ? I can, but is this your view.
>
> Or did you sign by voting in the coordinators elections, but then do those
> who didn't vote become non members (see my last email)
>
> Also, should the membership list be frozen after charter and co-coordinator
> votes, or can I again ask all those on the list if they are willing to
> subscribe and become members....
>
> Since we do not have a clear members list what exactly is so evil in saying,
> well lets have one, and things will be simpler from there on. Specifically,
> do you also like Avri have a problem in saying, yes, I subscribe to the
> charter. Or is it that you find this as another good issue to oppose
> something I am trying to do and enter into endless arguments.
>
> Parminder

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com