[governance] Fwd: IGC Membership list

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Jun 27 05:41:49 EDT 2008

Avri

> To blame me for the lack of elections seems just a tab unfair..

Yes, it would be unfair, and I am not doing it... I am just blaming the
'issue' and the loops it gets into .... I know your position on this and we
have discussed it online and offline before, and you have been consistent,
so I have no problem with it.. but some others have been less consistent and
have spoken perhaps without considering what impact it has on an ongoing IGC
process, which was declared a few days back, and has been declared many
times before.

> I do believe I still have the freedom of expression on this list to
> make my position clear - as long as I am not breaking the mandates of
> netiquette as defined in the charter.

Of course you have the absolute right... my mail spoke more about what you
said as having done before, which I insisted was not what was done before
and that it confused the members...

> I understand that not signing the charter before being put on the
> voter's list as you seem to believe is required by the nature of the
> organization may mean that I am no longer a voting caucus  member and
> only a list member.  While I would consider that unfortunately, I can
> live with it if it is the case.
>
> thank you
> a.

You know that I think that is most unfortunate. But what are my options. I
am convinced that a certain process is right and in the best interests of
the group. I think there is a good enough consensus behind it. The fact that
I think your position is so unfortunate is why I have kept on stalling this
process to see which way we can go ahead without reaching any unfortunate
breaking point. Since you wrote most of the charter I am ready to make an
exception in your case and put your name automatically on the members list,
and send a ballot. I.e. if no one objects... But I am not sure what would I
do if another person asked for the same exception, and then another.

Parminder

     governance at lists.cpsr.org