[governance] RE: the rights workshop

BAUDOUIN SCHOMBE b.schombe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 04:32:46 EDT 2008

 In fact, the preceding topic and the second topic do not have the same
range:
-first topic concern of first order on the relevance of IGF with short,
average and long run;
-second topic has like problematic to explore opportunities offered by
Internet and its advantages .
What we want exactly?

Baudouin

2008/6/27 Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net>:

>  This is regarding the workshop proposed by the IGC on 'A Rights Agenda
> for Internet Governance'. The IGC working group on this workshop has an
> f-t-f meeting at Seoul last week, and also intensive online interactions
> with some other rights groups that are co-sponsoring this workshop. (I will
> refer to this group as Bill of Rights or BoR group subsequently.) Karen who
> heads the IGC WG is unable to devote time this week, and it is for that
> reason I am reporting on the WG's work. She will be back to lead the group
> next week.
>

> The WG is of the view that the IGC workshop takes from the overall theme of
> IGF, Hyderabad, 'Internet for All', and do a workshop focused on
> interrogating the 'access' issue from a rights perspective, and name the
> workshop as 'Internet for All – Exploring A Rights-based Approach'. Unlike
> the earlier proposal we will not be examining issues regarding other rights
> like FoE, privacy etc in this workshop… the BoR group has another workshop
> which is about mainstreaming the rights agenda in IGF/ DCs, and the full
> gamut of rights will be examined etc in this workshop. Some of us from the
> IGC are working with the BoR group on this. I would also like to see IGC as
> a group supports that workshop. More on that workshop can be expected soon
> from Lisa…..
>

> The IGC workshop proposal, with the new proposed name 'Internet for All –
> Exploring a Rights-based Approach' will have to be re-written to suit this
> new approach. This will be done over the weekend. We need to submit the
> revised proposal by the 30ththis. However if more time is needed for
> discussion within IGC on this issue we may try to seek an extra week.
>

> Meanwhile inputs and comments are welcome.
>

> Parminder

SCHOMBE BAUDOUIN
COORDONNATEUR NATIONAL REPRONTIC
COORDONNATEUR SOUS REGIONAL ACSIS/AFRIQUE CENTRALE
MEMBRE FACILITATEUR GAID AFRIQUE
Tél:+243998983491
email:b.schombe at gmail.com <email%3Ab.schombe at gmail.com>
http://akimambo.unblog.fr