[governance] nomcom's creteria - was multistakeholding - resend

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sun Jun 8 08:16:56 EDT 2008

The charter amendment McTim proposed is entirely within the letter and
spirit of the charter, and in fact is simply a clarification of what the
charter already provides for

Additionally, I agree with Avri's previous email and her suggestions for a
way forward

Avri wrote:

> Yes, but as you are the coordinator responsible for the caucus following
> its rules, I thought that was the most salient point in your message.

> - have a non voting chair (#3) responsible for following the rules.
> - publish criteria to be used before using the criteria (#5)

> As I understand the 'motion' for ending this amicably was that we would
> do our best to follow our rules in the future.   Though I guess if we
> cannot say that, then perhaps McTim does have enough support to call for
> a vote on amending the chartered nomcom rules.

I would simply call it a fallback mechanism to ensure that the nomcom and
nonvoting chair keep to the letter and spirit of the charter, whatever their
political views.

thanks
suresh

     governance at lists.cpsr.org