[governance] FW: [JoCI] Vol. 4 No. 1 (2008) Special Issue: Wireless Networking for Communities, Citizens and the Public Interest

Michael Gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 22:38:18 EDT 2008

(sorry for the duplication!)
byte
The Journal of Community Informatics has just published its latest issue
Vol. 4 No. 1 (2008) Special Issue: Wireless Networking for Communities,
Citizens and the Public Interest at http://ci-journal.net/index.php/ciej.

We invite you to review the Table of Contents here and then visit our web
site to review articles and items of interest.

Thanks for the continuing interest in our work,
Michael Gurstein
Editor in Chief: Journal of Community Informatics
Phone 604-602-0624
Fax 604-602-0624
gurstein at gmail.com

The Journal of Community Informatics
Vol. 4 No. 1 (2008) Special Issue: Wireless Networking for Communities,
Citizens and the Public Interest Table of Contents
http://ci-journal.net/index.php/ciej/issue/view/19

Editorial
--------
Is There A Wireless Community Informatics?
	Michael Gurstein

Introduction to the Special Issue: Wireless Networking for Communities,
Citizens and the Public Interest
	Alison Powell,	Sascha D. Meinrath

Articles
--------
Time, space and the wireless community network
	Marco Adria

Towards Place-peer community and civic bandwidth: a case study in community
wireless networking
	Hanna Hye-Na Cho

Anytime? Anywhere?:  Reframing Debates Around Community and Municipal
Wireless Networking
	Laura Forlano

Keeping Promises:  Municipal communities struggle to fulfill promises to
narrow the digital divide with Municipal Community Wireless Networks
	Andrea H Tapia,	Julio Angel Ortiz

Notes from the field
--------
The i-REACH Project in Cambodia
	Kim Dara,	Long Dimanche,	Seán Ó Siochrú

Metropolitan Wi-Fi Research Network at the Los Angeles State Historic Park
	Vidyut Samanta,	Chase Laurelle Alexandria Knowles,	Jeff Burke,
Fabian
Wagmister,	Deborah Estrin

Setting Long Distance WiFi Records: Proofing Solutions for Rural
Connectivity
	Ermanno Pietrosemoli

Saving Toronto Hydro Telecom's One Zone project from itself: alternative
models for urban public wireless infrastructure
	Andrew Clement,	Amelia Potter

Notes and cases from the field (practitioners)
--------
Life after Connectivity: the Impact of the Community Mesh Network in
Mahavilachchiya, Sri Lanka’s E-village
	Alisha Bhagat

In Memoriam
--------