[governance] How can civil society help the Internet to

George Sadowsky george.sadowsky at attglobal.net
Thu Jun 5 12:22:37 EDT 2008

Yes, the APC paper addresses many of these
issues, and it is potentially a very useful
document.

I want to go a step further.  Granted that there
is an evolving consensus regarding issues
surrounding access, what is the next step?  Is
this something to start a national scorecard on?
Is it something to be followed up at the national
level in all countries?  I fear that continuing
to stress it at the IGF will result in, for the
most part, the converted preaching to the
converted.

This is an area, where in general you have an
alignment of civil society, the Internet
community, and most of the business community.
On the other side, generally, you have
governments and businesses (often telcos) that
have monopoly or controlling positions.

At some point, words don't go further in an
alignment like that.  What can be done further?

George

     governance at lists.cpsr.org