[governance] How can civil society help the Internet to

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Thu Jun 5 12:03:57 EDT 2008

karen banks [05/06/08 14:22 +0100]:
> the issue areas mentioned - one area worth noting in particular i think
> is bill drake's work leading the 'development agenda' for the IGF -

That is one of the most useful parts of the IGF that I could think of.

The other being David Allen's "intellectuals in the IGF" session at Athens
- which was thinking of a chatham house structured group of academics, who
would observe IGF work dispassionately and with statistical rigor. Another
part of the group would (I believe) take ideas from this process and work
with the secretariat to implement them.

Having missed Rio (way too far for me to travel, 30+ hours) I dont know
what happened to that one. But it definitely had (or rather, has) potential

thanks
srs
     governance at lists.cpsr.org