[governance] Cost of access - the meters ticking

Abi abi.jagun at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 08:16:28 EDT 2008

Hi

With regards to the cost of access in Africa, APC recently published
findings of a study on connectivity and access in 4 countries in
sub-Saharan Africa (which also have access to the SAT3 cable).

The study shows how international bandwidth capacity has increased in
all the countries studied and what impact this is having on the cost
of international bandwidth (both on SAT3 and satellite), internet
access to consumers, and also cost of international calls.

A briefing paper and the case country reports are available for
download at http://www.apc.org/en/node/6142/

Abi

     governance at lists.cpsr.org