[governance] multistakeholding was Re: N & CoI

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Jun 3 11:46:47 EDT 2008

> > All members serve in their personal capacity, but are expected to

> > have extensive linkages with relevant stakeholder groups.

> Personally I always interpreted this sentence to mean that the more

> linkages to various groups the person had, the better.  i.e

> multistakeholding people for a multistakeholder world.

Ok, I may be doing further hair-splitting but that doesn't look like the
intent of the original communication.

"The Advisory Group will renew up to one third of its members within each
stakeholder group.  All relevant stakeholder groups, representing
Governments, private sector and civil society, including the academic and
technical communities will submit names to the Internet Governance Forum
Secretariat.  All members serve in their personal capacity, but are expected
to have extensive linkages with relevant stakeholder groups.  Members need
to be willing to reach out and ensure continuous flow of information to and
from interested groups and to participate actively and constructively in the
Group's work."

See the singular in 'group's work'. And the term 'relevant'....

  then again who