[governance] voting process - various issues

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Jul 29 01:21:01 EDT 2008

> > I  understand the meaning of i.e.. but I have listed in detail in my
> note
> > what I considered as the problems associated with taking affirmation on
> the
> > same email on which the vote is cast. I stand by my judgment on it, and
> I am
> > very sure that we would have been in a very bad situation if I had tried
> > such a thing.

> But there have been votes held before in that original manner and no bad
> situation resulted, I don't think...
> Jacqueline

Jacqueline, I can understand that you may not have had time to read my notes
on this issue. They explain everything, including why I couldn't use the
process used the last time, and what is the 'bad situation' I fear if we try
to get membership affirmation on the text of the email on which the vote too
has to be indicated . Parminder

     governance at lists.cpsr.org