[governance] What 'Categorical Topics' would you list on the IGF website?

Yehuda Katz yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Thu Jul 24 20:36:43 EDT 2008

Sivasubramanian, Aaron, Linda, Lee, David, and Roland,

DONE.

Linda, yours is a tall-order (re.: in terms of communication modalities) that
may take some time, but we can do it.

Sivasubramanian, you analogies too LinkedIn Answers or Yahoo Answers are easily
implemented, however I need more information as to the Categorical-References
that would be listed.

For example, when we take a look at Ainslie Johnson's website we see the
following Categorical selections:

Link: http://igf-online.net/?language=en

Categories
  Access
  Best Practices Forum
  Critical Internet Resources
  Development and Capacity Building
  Diversity
  Dynamic Coalition
  Events
  Online tools
  Open Forum
  Openness
  Security
  Uncategorized
  Workshop
  Archives
-

These select Topics could be use to supplant the 'Categories' you would see
on;

LinkedIn Answers
http://www.linkedin.com/answers?trk=tab_answers

and

Yahoo Answers
http://answers.yahoo.com/
--

In my opinion, without being to broad or to technical, these are Categories
I would like to see in the IGF:

1.
Self-Vesting
What can we do for our own .CC self? (Country .CC Dev)

2.
Developing the Local Market (Local Dev)
What kind of Advertising / Media / Commerce works best?

3.
Culturing Skilled Programers (Education)
How can we educate young-minds with useful Web-skills?

4.
Nurturing Public and Civic activities (Social Interaction)
How can we enable Citizen, Civic, and Public organizations?

--

What 'Categorical Topics' would you list on the IGF website?
     governance at lists.cpsr.org