[PROCESS] Re: [governance] IGC members list

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Mon Jul 21 04:48:25 EDT 2008

On 21 Jul 2008, at 06:12, McTim wrote:

> To make pre-election list, the list of members is generated by the
> election, not before, as the charter clearly states.

At this point i suggest letting Parminder come out with his proposal.

As far as I can tell there is no harm in making a membership list as
long as those who receive ballots are not limited to those on this
list.  It may think it a duplication of effort at this point just
before an election,  but not at all against the charter.  And as
coordinator, he may have some organized scheme in mind.

Parminder has said:

> "I have every intention to uphold the charter, in the best possible
> manner,
> in the matter of voting process as well, reconciling any apparent
> contradiction as they may appear to different people. My proposal
> for this
> will be presented after the 17th when this round of membership list
> building
> will be completed."

Given that he knows about the various views on the charter, I think we
should wait for the proposal and see if it really does manage to sail
safely between Scylla and Charybdis.

I think those of us who interpret the charter as you and I do,  can
put some hope in the use of the phrase 'round of membership list
building'

cheers,

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org