[governance] [process] the IGC charter

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Mon Jul 14 13:37:32 EDT 2008

Hi,

while I would argue against a split of lists between the task of the
caucus (developing consensual positions) and the general forum or
platform role of this list, I think it would help if we tried to shift
the process discussions elsewhere.
Sometime back somebody suggested the list Avri initiated in 2006. If
this this the wrong space with the wrong charter, then lets create
another list for people who are willing to sort out the ambivalences of
the caucus charter.

I forgot to explain in my earlier mail why I think that Bill's
suggestion (to create a new discussion space for those working on common
positions) is not a good idea. In my view, mailing lists benefit from an
  "operative component". I know only few mailing lists worth reading
that lack any practical agenda such as sharing information or working on
collective goals. The few lists I know happen to be private.
I would predict that this list would soon resemble the former DNSO's
general assembly list if it lost any concrete purpose.
Cynics assert that even now the difference between both lists isn't that
noticeable. So, lets not make things worse.

jeanette

     governance at lists.cpsr.org