[governance] IGF workshop: Internet for All (v 2.0)

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Wed Jul 2 11:58:08 EDT 2008

Hi,

Perhaps there isn't anything to subtract from article 19 other then
the effects of article 29?  i sometimes worry that people are so
focused on the positive value of 19 that they miss the fact that 29
allows a lot of abrogation of that positiveness.

Unfortunately article 29 made into the WSIS texts as well.

a.

For anyone who does not remember 29 - the get out of FOE free article:

Article 29.

       (1) Everyone has duties to the community in which alone the
free and full development of his personality is possible.

       (2) In the exercise of his rights and freedoms, everyone shall
be subject only to such limitations as are determined by law solely
for the purpose of securing due recognition and respect for the rights
and freedoms of others and of meeting the just requirements of
morality, public order and the general welfare in a democratic society.

       (3) These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised
contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org