[governance] RE: IPv[4,6, 4/6] was IGF delhi format

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Fri Feb 29 19:57:19 EST 2008

Izumi AIZU [01/03/08 09:16 +0900]:
>who are very much the users of the Internet. It is often presented as if
>the people like me who does not have good knowledge are "inferior" to those
>knowledgeables, but I don't agree with that model.

It is not a question of inferiority. But if people claim to be stakeholders
and step forward to take an active stake in something, it is really
essential that they have at least a basic (or rather more than basic)
technical awareness.

Let's put it this way. If you were to become a VP in Ford or Toyota, yes,
you could be a good business person and be hired for that. But if you
actually knew the auto industry, and knew what your engineering and
manufacturing people were telling you, that'd be a definite asset to you in
your role.

Once such a guide is set up, a few regular places that civ soc meets at can
be reached out to (by isoc, diplo or other groups that offer to take this
developed course and move it forward)

	suresh
     governance at lists.cpsr.org