[governance] IGF meeting

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sat Feb 23 01:01:17 EST 2008

Izumi AIZU [23/02/08 08:45 +0900]:
>I just came back from ICANN meeting at Delhi.
>
>IF you want to have a decent quality with inexpensive costs,
>perhaps you better forget about *some* cities in develpoing

Delhi has pollution issues, is extremely expensive etc. Bombay too. But
they are the places with the best international connectivity.

The HICC is new .. and Hyderabad is a smaller, nicer city (as is Chennai)

As for less ideal than that, you could always do IGF in a place like
Manila.

Yes, it does make a refreshing (!) change from holding IGF in beach
resorts, and you might actually get work done as people come there focused
on getting the job over and done with rather than wasting time on tourism
and shopping ..
     governance at lists.cpsr.org