[governance] Date change and possible Venue Change for IGF India

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Wed Feb 20 11:48:59 EST 2008

Le 20 févr. 08 à 17:11, Izumi AIZU a écrit :

> As was announced in the IGF official website, they are going to
> change the
> date of IGF, to avoid clash with Islamic holidays.

Muslim, not islamic:)
Although I'm not familiar with specificities (if any?) of muslim
practices in India - as there may be some differences in importance
given to some celebrations rather than others - I've just checked
that the main celebrations is expected (this follows the moon
calendar as you know) around Dec. 8 in 2008. Indeed a big problem.
In North Africa, this celebration lasts 3 days.
On the other hand, this celebration commemorates Abraham's sacrifice,
so.. IGF in this period could be somehow relevant:)

I'm wondering how this could happen?! Wasn't the Indian gov consulted
for the IGF date?
     governance at lists.cpsr.org