[governance] Reconstituting MAG (Tech/admin language)

Guru guru at itforchange.net
Tue Feb 19 23:31:07 EST 2008

Thanks for the ideas Avri.

As you suggest, it is useful to recognise that an individual may wear
multiple hats at a point in time and trying to understand the 'nature of
stakeholder representation' of an individual will require some attention to
the facts of the case as well. In this your  suggestion that 'identity' of
being employees/members of the board of an organization would be an
important factor, is quite valid.

In any case, it would be useful, even necessary to discuss this as a part of
the MAG reconstitution. We are nearly halfway down the initial stipulated
life of 5 years of the IGF/MAG and it may not be considered early to have
clarity on such basic issues as these.

Regards,
Guru