[governance] Reconstituting MAG (Tech/admin language)

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Feb 19 08:57:41 EST 2008

ALAC,
> GNSO....?  When did the caucus become the Spartacus Youth League, I
missed
> it...

Bill, this is unfair and unhelpful. The point should be obvious. ICANN
and other IOs _already have_ governance authority under the present
regime, and IGF is supposed to be relatively independent of them. People
who are employees and Board members of those organizations often have a
vested interest in protecting them from criticism or change. I have no
problem with including a few people from ICANN+ on the MAG in order to
have their voice present. But the idea that somehow the MAG will be
completely insulated from and ignorant of their perspective unless the
deck is stacked with them is not realistic.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org