[governance] Comments on Rio - Suggestions for Delhi - main

Don MacLean donjmac at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 18 12:57:29 EST 2008

Hi Parminder,

My apologies if the delay in following up on Adam's message of February 12
regarding the IISD proposal has caused confusion at a time when you're
finalizing the IGC statement to MAG.

What I wrote was not a proposal to include the theme proposed by IISD in the
ICG statement. It was simply intended to provide background information on
the proposal, to highlight some of its key points for those who may not have
had a chance to read it, and to invite comments from IGC members either by
email or at the preparatory meeting in Geneva on February 26.

As you will see from the IISD web site (http://www.iisd.org) the Institute
is itself a multi-stakeholder venture, and hopes that civil society,
government and the business community participants in IGF will all take an
interest in its proposal.

Don