[governance] Reforming MAG

carlos a. afonso ca at rits.org.br
Tue Feb 12 14:02:40 EST 2008

MM makes some good points regarding the kind of representation the
so-called techie community brings to the MAG. I agree with these points.
Techies (of the developer/nerd/hacker/bit-brushing kind and similar, I
am writing right now from São Paulo's Campus Party) are members of one
of the three interest groups (government, civil society, private
sector), just like veterinarians, lawyers, economists and so on. Thus,
let us drop once and for all the idea that techies constitute a fourth
interest group.

Regarding reduction in numbers, to keep the balance the number of gov
reps would have to be reduced accordingly -- and this is the major
hurdle here.

--c.a.