[governance] communicating with our peers

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Mon Feb 4 08:56:11 EST 2008

Carlos Afonso wrote:

> keep quiet about the MAG when returning to base. Much less government
> representatives, who will have to report to their superiors -- after
> all, they are funded by their entities (companies or governments) to

I fail to see how this is different from larger and more active civ soc groups, that get funding from grants, or from membership funding.

I don’t believe in snow white either, but seriously, several civil society groups that are active enough to spend substantial amounts of money, airfare, time etc on an endless series of conference calls, meetings in resort cities thousands of miles away, etc, operate on a very similar model. And have similar long standing agendas that occupy large numbers of people drafting position papers, policy briefs and such.

	suresh

     governance at lists.cpsr.org