hyperbole and hypocrisy (was Re: [governance] Thank you to

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Fri Dec 26 10:15:35 EST 2008

Dear McTim,
I have some difficulty fully understanding your position. May be
could you help.

At 02:33 24/12/2008, McTim wrote:
>The "shambles" as you put it is caused by network operators not
>implementing IPv6.

Question: why dont they? What could incitate them to implement v6?

>How would a "public policy framework" increase IPv6 uptake?

Since I have nothing against people having a try to help IPv6
whatever the idea they may have. My question to you would be; how
would it not increase it? Or am I reading you wrong somewhere?

>The question I'd like answered from folk who think they could have
>done a better job than the output of the IETF NG WG is "why weren't
>you more involved?"

 From this I understand you were a member of that WG? I am not
familiar with it. Also, sorry for reading the threat in the middle,
which document are you refering to? Is that the RFC on an IPv6
deployment calendar?

>The old canard that the IETF is an unwelcoming group of white
>American engineers is not allowed as a valid answer.

This is still very new. Not fully finalised yet. The issues are
"engineers" and "American" (not as citizens but as training schools.
so they may contribute to the IETF work in their own non-technical
and even non-english language to be translated futher in regular IETF language.

jfc

     governance at lists.cpsr.org