[governance] Free Web Plan Being Pushed by FCC Head

linda misek-falkoff ldmisekfalkoff at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 11:10:46 EST 2008

Hi Parminder et al, and well yes,

but still possibly linking managed-access to potential censorship, in
different guise, and a surely attractive one because on its face free of
charge - there is still the matter of potentially conditioning people to a
subset.  I am not saying that is operative here, again, just asking what
y'all think.

Consider for instance writings on Newspeak (narrower) versus Oldspeak
(fuller)  and other restricted / restrictive / restricting linguistic
domains, as illustrative.

We may want to consider that *Discourse* can condition *thought* as well as
the other way around.  So in Orwellion visions of limited vocabularies, or
"Basic English" e.g. a population can be conditioned under the operation of
excluded matter.  Subset Educational infusions, etc.

And "after a while" a more expanded set can become 'unthinkable'.  Untaught,
unsought, unthoiught about

And a non-small by-the-way (btw) this is a pretty good forum*  for
discussing various senses of accessibility, overt paths to "knowledge" and
more subtle routes, and whether widely open or blocked one way or t'other. .

* Thanks for it,

With best wishes, and *Respectfully Interfacing,* Linda.