[governance] Co-ordinator elections

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Fri Dec 12 04:07:40 EST 2008

Yes, as Meryem suggests, a great way to find out about the candidates is to
visit the Archives and have a look at their postings. That is a good
assessment tool and I recommend it.

I've thought about Ralf's posting all day. Last year Parminder specifically
stated that he thought it would be best to avoid campaigning and even
statements - it was strictly biographical information only - this year I
thought, and Parminder agreed, that adding statements to the biographical
information might be useful.

I am concerned that we don’t get into campaigning and particularly
candidates trying to outstage each other. I think that would be
counter-productive. But I'm also reluctant to say people should not provide
information that members are seeking.

So I don't know. As I suggest above, a person's previous postings will tell
you more about them than statements anyway, but I do not feel to either
encourage or outlaw them.

Ian Peter
PO Box 429
Bangalow NSW 2479
Australia
Tel (+614) 1966 7772 or (+612) 6687 0773
www.ianpeter.com

     governance at lists.cpsr.org