[governance] Themes for the coming IGFs

jlfullsack jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Thu Dec 11 09:00:01 EST 2008

Dear Jeannette and all

Of course, Internet critical resources should be on the agenda but, what's
more, access and service providing in DCs should stay very hign on it.

As far as I could read through all your messages from Hyderabad, the
Internet for Developing countries was once more completely lost aside.
May I recall our CS Declarations both in Geneva and in Tunis, for a "People
centered Info Society" and for ICT's "unique role in socio-economic
development and in promoting the fulfilment of intarnationnaly agreed
development goals, including those contained in the Muillenium Declaration".
There were also statements in these Declarations on the Public Good nature
of  some critical Internet resources.
Can somebody from the CS present in Hyderabad let us know what progress in
these most critical issues have been achieved there ? Thanks in advance.

All the best
Jean-Louis Fullsack