[governance] Themes for the coming IGFs

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Thu Dec 11 08:44:47 EST 2008

Le 11 déc. 08 à 14:05, Jeanette Hofmann a écrit :

> I fully agree. While professional broadcasters are good at keeping
> the crowd entertained, the usually lack the sense for the political
> assues at hand. Moreover, they don't want to achieve anything.

It's the IGF itself that is refusing any tangible outcome.

> The discussion on security seemed to me a debate for the sake of
> debating.

Is there any other purpose a "conversation" could have? A debate,
even non conclusive, is not necessarily a waste of time, this is not
my point, but one has to acknowledge that the IGF, in its current
form, can't lead to anything else than a debate.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org