[governance] Criteria for selection of Appeal Team

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Wed Dec 10 23:14:33 EST 2008

As Ian recently noted, I have stepped in as Chair of the Nomcom to
select a new IGC Appeals Team.  The other members of the Nomcom are
Gao Mosweu, Solomon Gizaw, Thomas Lowenhaupt, and Anriette Esterhuysen.

Here are the criteria that we propose to apply to nominees seeking
appointment to the Appeals Team.  They are the same as used last
year.  Please provide your comments on these criteria, if any, by 18
December 2008, on around which date we will then make a call for
nominees.

Many thanks.

--- begins ---

Criteria for CS IGC Appeals Team

A) Qualified IGC member
Appeals team should be Civil Society Internet Governance Caucus (CS
IGC) members.

Anyone who have subscribed to the IGC Charter and subscribed to the
IGC caucus mailing list for 2 months prior to the announcement of the
appeals team Nomcom process is eligible to be a candidate. (The Nomcom
process started on 7 September 2008.)

B) Qualifications
Nomcom will primarily select persons based on their knowledge and
experience of issues faced by the caucus and their neutrality.

The successful candidate should be a person with thoughtful and
unbiased consideration and have a stated (and demonstrated) commitment
to consultation and dialogue with the community.

C) Diversity and balance
Appeal Team collectively should have good diversity and balance. The
attributes to be considered include, but not limited to:
- Geographic and cultural diversity
- Gender
- Age
- Skill set and knowledge
- Disability

These will be treated as a goal, but not as the absolute requirement.

D) Others
To avoid capture, no more than one employee/representative of a
particular organization should serve on the Appeal Team at any given
time.

--- ends ---

--
JEREMY MALCOLM
Project Coordinator

Consumers International (CI) is the only independent global
campaigning voice for consumers. With over 220 member organisations in
115 countries, we are building a powerful international consumer
movement to help protect and empower consumers everywhere. For more
information, visit www.consumersinternational.org.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org