[governance] Nitin Desai's two groups

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 2 23:25:34 EST 2008

Guru and all,

  The time for debate or bridging is past.  The time for directed and
greater good action has come.  Missing these opertunities and
challanges at the expense of debate and discussions of reconciliation
demonstrates a lack of effective and useful leadership.  The "Nevel
Chamberlin" factor, need not and must not prevail.

Guru wrote:

> Dear Ian
>
> The second group is not only some governments ... the 'open letter to
> IGF' that ITfC and other organizations have written identifies
> 'democratic deficit' as a key IGF concern for CS as well. This letter
> has been endorsed by CS institutions and individuals across the world,
> more so from the geopolitical south.
>
> Unless we discuss/address (if not resolve) these issues that make IGF
> ineffective, we run the risk of playing into the hands of those who
> want to declare the IGF a failure
>
> As CS (including IGC) we have a strong interest and belief in IGF and
> should put our efforts at bridging the gap between the two groups ...
> which is to address the democratic deficit at IGF
>
> regards,
> Guru
>
> Ian Peter wrote:
>
>>  I too though Desai's quote was excellent - but I do interpret it a
>> bit
>> differently, in that governments as I see it sit in the second group
>> who
>> want more say and/or more power. That's an interesting dynamic.
>>

>> Ian Peter
>> PO Box 429
>> Bangalow NSW 2479
>> Australia
>> Tel (+614) 1966 7772 or (+612) 6687 0773
>> www.ianpeter.com

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04