[governance] new MAG members

Ken Lohento klohento at panos-ao.org
Fri Aug 22 07:46:52 EDT 2008

I totally agree with Ian and Jeanette that Adam plays an outstanding
role and regret he is no more in the MAG. Maybe overall gender balance
(within the whole MAG) was also a criteria against him apart from
regional balance (and maybe other considerations).

CS members within the MAG need to manage to keep a good (and better)
level of liaison with the IGC and the whole CS community.

Thanks for your support and congrats to new members.

KL

Jeanette Hofmann a écrit :

> Ian Peter wrote:
>> Congratulations to all those selected – I am personally sad to see
>> Adam Peake rotated out,
>
> I couldn't agree more and the only explanation I can think of are
> regional artithmetics. Adam is highly appreciated across the
> stakeholder lines, and he has been one of the most active
> participants  in the MAG since the IGF's inception.
> jeanette
>
> because of his great contribution and excellent
>> liaison with civil society. And I thought a few more of our nominees
>> were worthy of selection, but were not chosen. But congratulations
>> also to a number of other participants here as well – among them I
>> see Bertrand de la Chapelle, Raul Echeberria, Alejandro Pisanty, who
>> have also been included. Despite a few individual disappointments
>> there are some good inclusions.
>>

>> Ian Peter
>>
>> Ian Peter and Associates Pty Ltd
>>
>> PO Box 10670 Adelaide St  Brisbane 4000
>>
>> Australia
>>
>> Tel (+614) 1966 7772 or (+612) 6687 0773
>>
>> www.ianpeter.com

Ken Lohento
ICT Programme Coordinator
Panos Institute West Africa